By Barry Carlyon
FlightSimTrack is a Twitch Extension which, using a small program, relays information from your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, session to a Twitch Extension
You can either enable this as a video component extension or as a panel Below the stream, functionality is the same regardless of slot, flexibility is provided for convience to the stream.
The Extension will collect and display (from the Sim)
- Your current Plane, including details such as Engines, and current Fuel Load
- Your current Location, Altitude, Speed, Heading in the sim
- Information about your Radio and Transponder frequencies
- Information about other AI Controlled planes (not other players) within a 10km radius of your location in Sim
- Your Flight Plan, if any is set, and the waypoints along the route
You can see the Extension running in Demo mode at FlightSimTrack Twitch Channel, click "Chat" then scroll down to the Panel
Active Channels Yesterday
Active Channels This Week
Unique Viewers Yesterday1105
Unique Renders Yesterday
Get the Extension
- First download the sending application
- Currently this may trip your AntiVirus or Windows Gatekeeper, please feel free to fully virus scan before running. The Application is Signed with a Certificate identifying "Barry Carlyon".
- The file is 57M in size
- The file is called "FlightSimTrack Setup 1.0.8.exe"
- Next install the extension. Current Version: 0.0.5
- Activate the extension into the slot of your choice. We support both the Video Component and Panel slots, we recommend a Component Slot
- Click the cog to configure the Extension
- Detailed instructions, on how to obtain and use your Connection Key will be shown there! In a rush? Hit the magic button and the Key will be sent to your running instance/open the app for you!
- It will not pick up "other players" within the 10km range, only AI controlled Craft, this is a Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 limitation
- Speed Inconsitencies - What the game shows and what the app/extension shows differ [investigating]
Issues by app
- If you (the player) are flying a Helicopter, the app will not track your location correctly - Resolved in desktop v1.0.7
- The reconnect logic was removed in v1.0.7 due to an issue, this will be readded soon! - Resolved in desktop v1.0.8
More Map Options, like your own Bing Maps API key, and overlays such as Weather
Chat could cause failiures via Bit or Channel Points usage, stream price/enable selectable.
- Q. Why are we in the middle of the sea?
- A. This usually means that you are in the main menu. And the sim will send the Lat/Long as basically 0/0
- Q. Are there any limitations
- A. Twitch limits us to an amount of data we can send, so generally, we'll send around 80 planes that are within range of you.
- Q. Can I minimize the application?
- A. Yes, minimizing the application is perfectly fine.
- Q. Can I run it on another computer?
- A. No, it's expected that the application runs on the same computer as the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
- Q. What about Xbox?
- A. Currently it's impossible to connect to the sim running on the Xbox. It's just not supported by Microsoft/Xbox at the moment. This may change at some point
- Q. What about other languages?
- A. The extension itself is currently in English only. We'll be looking at translations in the future
- Q. I need help!
- A. Either drop me a Whisper via Twitch, or via Twitter or an Email via the one listed on the extension page
We use a number of mapping providers
Copyright OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA
Data used comes from openAIP. Visit openAIP.net and contribute to better aviation data, free for everyone to use and share.
The Extension in Action
- Loading Streams
Find your favourite streamer in The Directory and suggest them to install FlightSimTrack!